The ancient art of reflexology is a gentle, non-invasive treatment. It is based on the theory that there are reflex points in the feet, hands and ears that correspond to every part of the body. When these reflex points are manipulated they trigger the body’s natural healing processes via a system of energy pathways, encouraging the body to gently correct, strengthen and reinforce itself. Reflexology treatments last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, but treats and tasters can be done within 15-20 minutes.
- 60 mins
Massage promotes relaxation, self healing and a sense of well-being. It will leave you feeling physically and mentally soothed and revitalised as the massage eases tired muscles, releasing trapped toxins and rebalancing energy flow. The various options for massage sessions include Full body massage; back, neck and shoulders massage; Hand and arm massage; Foot massage.
- Back, Neck & Shoulder
- 30 mins
- Full body
- 60 mins
Is one of the most comforting and soothing massages you will experience. It is great for tense muscles, and works well with painful psoas, trapezius, and latissimus dorsi muscles of the back. We can incorporate the whole body, or just specific areas like the back and neck.
- Hot Stones Massage
- 60 mins
Aromatherapy is the holistic art of using essential oils to treat conditions of disharmony and imbalance. Essential oils are powerful tools that can help to promote self healing within the body. Your body, mind and spirit will all benefit from the combination of therapeutic massage with essential oils. Aromatherapy treatments range from 45 minutes to 90 minutes in length.
- Hand & Arm Massage
- 30 mins
This massage of the head, neck, face, upper back and arms will leave you feeling deeply relaxed and balanced as the massage works to relieve muscle tension, relax tired eye muscles, re-balance the flow of energy within the body and trigger the release of endorphins within the brain. This massage form can be carried out in as little as 15 minutes and still be very beneficial but a full treatment takes about 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Indian Head Massage
- 30 mins
Acupressure and Neuromuscular Techniques which can be used in conjunction with Aromatherapy and Swedish Massage techniques to give a deeper, more therapeutic massage. Acupressure is a Japanese technique which relies on the Yin Yang principles of Oriental Medicine. The body is a network of energy channels called meridians. The quality of the energy at certain points along these meridians can affect our physical, mental and emotional health. To achieve optimum health Yin and Yang should be in balance. An imbalance of Yin and Yang leads to illness. Neuromuscular Technique (NMT) is a technique which is particularly effective in dealing with persistently tense muscles and chronic muscular pain. It is designed to reset the ‘neuromuscular dialogue’. Sessions last between 60 -90 minutes
- Advanced Massage
- 60 -90 mins
A relaxing and energising treatment in which the skin is deeply cleansed then massaged with pure aromatherapy oils chosen specifically for your skin type. The technique uses gentle and precise manipulation on the connective tissue and muscles of the face, neck, shoulders and scalp. The connective tissue regains its elasticity and tension is released from the facial muscles. This treatment helps release toxins, stress and tension, bringing about deep relaxation and a complete feeling of well-being. A typical Holistic facial will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Holistic Facial Massage
- 30 mins
This is a soothing treatment and is great for frequent flyers, airline workers and anyone suffering with tinnitus and other ear related issues. Candling can physically remove wax and debris from the ears and rebalance ear pressure, open vital energy pathways in the ears and stimulate the head and neck lymph nodes. There’s also a massage incorporated into the treatment, and you will almost certainly nod off to sleep. Very soothing and relaxing.
- Hopi Ear Candling
- 45 mins
A sequence and protocol formulated in the 1980’s by the late Scottish physio Hugh Gilbert. KCR is a simple yet very effective way to bring healing and relief to the body and aid performance in sports people. It consists of a variety of medically approved and recognised gentle joint mobilisations and stretches which bring the body back into balance quickly and effectively. KCR has been found to bring rapid and even instant relief to pain and discomfort caused by a wide variety of conditions such as fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, chronic back/neck/shoulder pain, migraines, IBS, Crohns, plantar fasciitis, frozen shoulder and much more. – 45 mins – £42
- 45 mins
Stress management encompasses techniques intended to equip a person with effective coping mechanisms for dealing with psychological stress. Stress is defined as a person’s physiological response to an internal or external stimulus that triggers the fight-or-flight response. Stress management is effective when a person utilises strategies to cope with or alter stressful situations. I also have a COSCA Counselling Skills qualification and have worked as an addictions counsellor for various addictions including alcohol, drugs, gambling & food.
- Stress Management Sessions
- 60 mins
– Reiki (ray-key) is an ancient Japanese hands-on healing technique used for stress reduction and relaxation; it also promotes healing and wellbeing within the body. Reiki is Japanese for “universal life energy” It is an energy healing system which was rediscovered by a Japanese born Buddhist monk, Dr. Mikao Usui in the early 1920’s. Dr Usui was inspired to find out more about energy healing following a question from a student at the college where he was teaching who asked him about the healings performed by Jesus on the sick. Dr Usui couldn’t answer the question at that time, but it planted a seed and made him think; he then made it his mission to find out.
The human body is of course made up of matter and energy – that energy is both electrical (impulses and signals) and chemical (reactions). Therefore if we are made up of energy it makes perfect sense that we take care of that energy in the same way as we take care of our physical body.
Reiki is non-intrusive and received on a massage table or chair while the person is fully clothed. It involves the practitioner laying their hands either on or close to the body and covering the entire body in one treatment. Every person receives Reiki very differently…how it is experienced by you will be very different to how it is experienced by someone else. A regular treatment lasts between 45 -60 minutes
- 60 mins
Non Medical Nutritional Advice covers a wide range of different health concerns including:
- Weight management: employing safe and effective ways to balance the body’s natural weight permanently.
- Skin problems: including acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Digestive complaints: such as IBS, indigestion, constipation or flatulence.
- Hormonal imbalances: including PMS, infertility, menopause and lowered libido.
- Stress management through dietary and lifestyle choices.
- Cardiovascular problems: such as angina and high cholesterol.
- Nervous system problems: including MS and Parkinson’s disease.
- Psychological problems: such as depression, anxiety and insomnia.
- Eating disorders: such as obesity, anorexia and bulimia.
- Increased energy and general well being: including chronic fatigue and anti-ageing methods.
- Allergies and intolerances: including hay fever.
- Helping to boost one’s immune system to cope with urban life and its effect on our general health.
- Sport nutrition: how to optimise performance and training through diet
- Pregnancy & fertility planning: nutrition to support fertility issues and during pregnancy